Here at All Kids Dental of Suffolk, Dr. Joe and Dr. Brett encourage parents and caregivers to find ways to make brushing their teeth less of a chore. Singing with children is a natural way to get and keep their attention. What are the most important things to remember when brushing with your child? Laughter goes a long way. If you’re singing and you’re both dancing while your child brushes this will be a time that both of you look forward to. Make sure that you are brushing for the full two minutes and don’t forget to floss!
Teeth Brushing Songs
- One song to sing while brushing is to the tune of “Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.” You could sing, “This is the way we brush our teeth, brush our teeth, brush our teeth, this is the way we brush our teeth, so early in the morning.” Little Baby Bum did a song to the same tune. You can find it on YouTube here!
- Brush Your Teeth by Raffi is a tried and true tooth-brushing song. From his huge collection of children’s music, this tooth-friendly tune has helped children all over the world develop great brushing habits. Your child can brush their teeth ’til the cows come home.
- The Happy Birthday Song. From washing hands to brushing teeth, this song never disappoints to fit into childhood development. “Happy Birthday, Happy Teeth” is an instantly recognized song even when the words don’t fit. Brush and spit when it’s time to blow the candles.
No matter the song you use, being with your child at this important point in their day will build lasting memories.
5 Benefits of Pediatric Dental Care
Dr. Joe and Dr. Brett want to see your child from their first tooth and into adulthood. Our mission is to provide outstanding dental care that will ensure a healthy and happy young adult. Preventative dental care is not just for those beautiful baby teeth but also for heart health and overall health.
- Dental care prevents disease. We are talking about tooth decay and gum disease.
- Good oral hygiene supports healthy tooth development. When kids have new teeth coming in they need to come into a healthy mouth. Having good tooth brushing and flossing skills help to create a healthy mouth.
- Healthy teeth save money. Healthy teeth don’t need fillings or crowns!
- Children thrive with routines. When you have created morning routines that are filled with brushing, flossing, and singing and then repeat them at night, your child looks forward to these experiences.
- Happy smiles = Happy kids. No one wants to have a child with a toothache, an abscess, or bloody gums. As an adult these types of things send us reeling but having a child suffer from it is even worse.
It may be difficult getting your child into the routine of brushing and flossing morning and night but it is worth the effort. Dr. Brett and Dr. Joe will encourage your child while in the office. Perhaps you could even have your child sing their tooth-brushing song to our team when they come in.
For the most part, children are easily encouraged. Getting one-on-one time with parents or guardians is enough! Adding in singing and dancing to that one-on-one time will make it all that more enjoyable. No matter the song you use, being with your child at this important point in their day will build memories and healthy dental habits that will last a lifetime. If your child is due for a checkup or if they are experiencing pain or discomfort, All Kids Dental of Suffolk is your expert team for pediatric dentistry. Call 757-922-8110 or schedule your appointment online today.